HOWTO For Testing New Translations?

Ronny Buchmann ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org
Sat May 14 09:53:00 UTC 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 21:32, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Daniel Yacob wrote:
> > Pedro,
> >
> > Thanks for the response.  I am familiar with using po files in general,
> > but as part of an installation process I think that there must be more
> > involved. Since the installer runs from a CD, the anaconda and associated
> > POs and fonts have to be burned onto the disk with the other setup files.
> >
> > Or, can anaconda be safely run in a testing mode from a hard disk to
> > evaluate translations?  What would the right invocation?
>
> Afaik anaconda has such a mode, the anaconda developers use it themself
> to develop/test anaconda. You may want to check the anaconda documentation.

something like this
anaconda --test --method=<rawhide-url> --graphical

for a even better test you can make an update disk (put your translation in
po/<lang>.mo)

for NFS installs you can put it in <installroot>/RHupdates/po

(details in german here: http://www.linuxwiki.org/Anaconda/UpdateDiskette)

--
http://LinuxWiki.org/RonnyBuchmann