[Fwd: [apac.redhat.com #40420] Localization - Fedora]

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri May 26 09:36:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 10:06:59AM +0530, Michael Sync wrote:
> Here is the font lists which can be get as FREE. (Im prefer to use Myanmar1
> (1st one)  for translation.)
> Myanmar Open Type Font (Myanmar1)
> http://www.mcf.org.mm/unicode/opentype.html
> License: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

That looks sufficiently free to ship

> MyaZedi Myanmar Unicode Font
> http://www.myazedi.com/downloads
> License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

non-commercial

> Is it possible to have the Fedora Linux Myanmar Version ?
> Everything except the name "Fedora" or Linux should be in Myanmar.

Almost all applications today support localisation so you can get close to
that. The main desktop Fedora uses is GNOME which has its own translation
project and is probably what would want doing first of all.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/

> Could you please show me one or more screenshots of the localized Fedora? Is
> there any localized versions for Fedora?

The desktop itself currently has at least 80% translation support for 45
languages from Albanian to Welsh.

Here's a screenshot of Fedora in Arabic for example

http://www.arabic-fedora.org/images/gallery/screenshot-0019_317031.png