Need new po files for Kannada, kn (Indian Language)

A S Alam aalam at redhat.com
Sat May 27 08:18:44 UTC 2006

umesh rudrapatna ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> Dear Sir,
> I am a translator for the newly created Kannada po
> files. I want to know the scheduled release dates of
> Fedora Core 6, to see if I can manage to complete the
> required translations by then.
>
> The following link gives the tentative schedule.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule?highlight=%28schedule%29
> However, I could not make out as to by when the
> translations should be frozen.

it is before Test3 Release, so mid of August (not confirmed)
> Also, please confirm whether the details in the below
> page are valid, especially the requirements part-
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/fedora?DokuWiki=a10c88f68beadde2a82f6712c609aaa2

http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status?page=status&branch=HEAD&locale=kn&essential=1

is status for essential files for Fedora
> Will the inclusion of Kannada package (for
> installation) be independent of the translation status
> of GNOME/KDE/KOFFICE etc? Please let me know about the
> same.

yes, it is not depending upon status of Gnome/kde etc, but
End user need GNome/KDE package to see Desktop in Kannada
> Regards,
> Umesh
> kn Translator

can you please update Kannada Team page at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Teams/

(you need to add Kannada there)
if you find any issue, please feel free to send mail

thanks

--
A S Alam

join us at #fedora-l10n (freenode)