Re: What's the future for translation inside the FP ?

On 6/8/07, Alain PORTAL <aportal univ-montp2 fr> wrote:
Hi Xavier,

Le Thursday 07 June 2007 11:22:29 Xavier Conde Rueda, vous avez écrit:

> > > 2. Allow to checkout by language only. Currently you have to checkout
> > > the whole module with all the translations; it will be important to
> > > make it easy to checkout just my language files.
> >
> > This has been discussed for long.  The problem here, from what I heard,
> > is that CVS doesn't support symlinks.  Does anyone know how to solve
> > this?
> Ok, I'm thinking on it right now and I don't have a simple clue :( .
> Maybe it can be worked around with a script on the client side, that
> parses the available modules on the repository and checks out the
> locale.po and the template.pot. Sure somebody did it; if not, I can
> give it a try.

I'm trying to write a such script (a shell script that write the script to use
to checkout) since yesterday.
I just launch it, it seems it is possible but I get some errors and couldn't
get 5 modules.

These are probably problems with pot files having different names to
module names in cvs.

There was a similar script around a while ago by the Ukranian team:

I've updated it for the purposes of the Serbian team. Please feel free
to pick it for ideas: