What's the future for translation inside the FP ?

Alain PORTAL alain.portal at free.fr
Sun Jun 10 12:56:43 UTC 2007

Le samedi 09 juin 2007, Xavier Conde Rueda a écrit :
> 2007/6/8, Alain PORTAL <alain.portal at free.fr>:
> > >
> > > Dimitris is going to need to describe to the developer/owners of the
> > > software packages why we need to reorganize their module for PO/POT
> > > files.
> >
> > What I mean by saying "fix the cvs structure" is to have a structure that
> > can be easily scriptable if I want to use the 'cvs co -c' module.
>
> Well, I think that such script should be generated on the server side,
> since on the server you can quickly scan all the folders to find where
> are po files, but on the client side this is not possible or too
> inefficient. Or instead, generating a text file on the server side
> with that listing; then we would check out the list and a simple
> script that parsed the directory listing and checked files by locale.
> I don't think there is a simple way of orgainizing directories on cvs
> to make them script-friendly, since it doesn't work as a file system.
> So, instead of hardcoding ourselves the paths, I think it should be
> better to create such a list on the CVS server side.

Creating a such list is probably the best idea without changing current cvs
structure and it will allow to write an easy script.
I finally succeed to write my script, I'll send it as soon as I'll manage some
exceptions like "the po file don't exist for a module in a locale, so
checkout the pot file"

Results are:
- the full french translate module (without pot files) is 4,2Mo
- the full translate module (with pot files) is 215,3Mo

Regards,
Alain
--
Les pages de manuel Linux en français