[Fwd: Docs translations]

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Mar 7 22:59:52 UTC 2007

(mostly forwarding from similar mail on Docs list)

Hey all.

Today we had a lengthy discussion on IRC about the way we should handle
translations in Fedora. The plan is basically to move applications (and their PO
files) that are being developed on elvis (a RH server)  over to
'cvs.fedoraproject.org'. It seems that this will not happen before the F7 release.

We have already created a CVS group 'cvsl10n' and all translators will be asked
to open Fedora accounts and will be added to this group.

As a Docs project, we have the choice *not* to wait for F7 and migrate the
translation process right away. The 'fp.org -> i18n -> fp' process for PO files
is tedious for quaid and stickster. This means that translations for Docs will
happen in the Docs repository, which is much easier for translators (as long as
they have a Fedora account).

If there is no objection, the Docs project can apply the 'cvsl10n' ACLs on the
po directory right away and test the translator's access. After that, we'll
create a 'l10n.fedoraproject.org' to throw on it the translation statistics.
Anyone who has any TurboGears experience, please step forward. :)

This is basically a beta test for transferring all Fedora apps on Fedora
infrastructure. If there is no objection from the L10n team, let's start rocking.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/