Domain for translation statistics etc.

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Sun Mar 25 20:30:33 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 25 mars 2007 à 23:21 +0300, Stavros Giannouris a écrit :
> Στις Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:04:10 +0100
> Ο/Η Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> έγραψε:
>
> >  * http://translations.fedoraproject.org/
> >  * http://l10n.fedoraproject.org/
> >  * http://i18n.fedoraproject.org/
> >
> > The first is more user-friendly -- not all people know the acronym
> > l10n and even less know its difference with 'i18n' and
> > 'translations'. If the only thing hosted on this domain will be
> > translations statistics, then we could go with the first. The third
> > is probably completely out of scope.
>
> I believe that most people visiting there will be following a link
> from somewhere else, like the wiki, irc etc. or through a bookmark so
> the actual name does not matter at all. So if there are thougts/plans
> to actually have more than translations there, then
> l10n.fedoraproject.org should be used, IMHO.

From my point of view, once I have fallowed a link from somewhere to
visit the page, I type the first letters of the website into firefox to
visit them again, and then choose the adresse firefox suggests to me.
Moreover, Dimitri is right, a lot of people are confusing i18n and l10n,
and I still do. Then, it would be easier for me to remember the first
link.

Just my 2 cents

Thomas