Wrong language in PO file for desc module

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Wed Oct 17 19:49:39 UTC 2007

Op woensdag 17-10-2007 om 21:20 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Renato
Pavičić:
> Thanks for reply. It provokes more questions:
> 1. Are those pages to be official for localization from some point of time?

Well, they actually are the official pages. Do take with a grind of
salt: transifex aka the submit-part isn't completely deployed yet.

> 2. Under stats for Fedora 7 (for my language, Croatian) it says:
>     "All modules	3% (900/457/25826)" ??!?!?! Where is this stats pulled
> from?
> whats the purpose of stats on page:
> http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status
> I mean, do they draw stats from different sources?

Yeah, the update-stats script is doing weird stuff. Fedora Infra is
trying to sort out the problem. Translate.fp.o *should* be the official
resource for translation stats, i18n.rh.c will disappear. The reason is
that translate.fp.o is more tied into all our different types of VCS
(CVS, SVN, hg, git) and a lot of the stuff on i18n.rh.c has moved to
fedora infrastructure.

(Dimitris, if you'd like to tune in I could send you a log).

the website: http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/web/?root=l10n

> 4. I've just spent two hours trying to figure out how to make proper gpg
> and the other key. I give up. I will create them myself only if someone
> pays me.
>
> 5. Why to I have to create some keys (which I do not know nothing about
> and are obviously comlicated for me to create and upload anywhere) if I
> already have CVS access?

The infrastructure has changed. You probably can still use your ssh-key
you were using for i18n. A gpg-key is required to check your account
More info:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem/NewAccount

> 6. Dude, there is so much instructions on those pages that I have
> absolutely no intention to read them. Why? Well, this is not onyl
> localization project in the world, but it is most certainly the most
> complicated.
> Dude, just give me username and password. I'm not working on a space
> shuttle or for some secret anti-terrorist organization. I don't need this
> level of security.
> I have a special notebook for about 20 usernames and passowrd and I'll be
> damned if I write anything else in that notebook.

Heh, yeah, *the* source of frustration :-). Let me try and explain (and
fail miserably):

L10N was a fairly unknown project in the Fedora world to a lot of the
Fedora developers and was considered as something we as translators did
for Red Hat and as such Fedora had benefit from it.

A lot of stuff has changed in the last couple of months. We've brought
L10N closer to the Fedora project, moving a lot of the modules off of
i18n.rh.c, for the benefit of both developers as translators.

To do this, we've created infrastructure on fedoraproject.org to host
stats (both the old i18n stats as stuff that wasn't part of i18n),
transifex (a web-based gui to submit your translations, so you don't
have to remember all different switches for different VCS's), invoked
account infrastructure in the Fedora Account System that's been used by
all other Fedora projects except us, set up meetings, ....

As you see a lot of work has been done already, some still needs to get
done and clarifying some procedures (like joining) is one.

If you need any help, please drop a note to the list or join us in
#fedora-l10n on irc.freenode.net.

> I'm willing to do my share, but I'm TRANSLATOR
>
> Dude!

Hope this helps (even a little)

Bart

--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93