FLSCo Elections - no nominees yet

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 13:44:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:53:16AM +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:47 AM, Matt Domsch <matt at domsch.com> wrote:
> > The deadline for nominations to be on Fedora Localization Steering
> > Committee (FLSCo) is tomorrow, Wed Dec 3.  At the moment, there are no
> > nominees listed.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/SteeringCommittee/Nominations
> >
> > If FLSCo doesn't really need an election, it's not necessary to hold
> > one.  The Documentation team decided they didn't need an election -
> > they're just getting on with their work.
>
> With no nominations put in, we can continue with the current FLSCo for
> another release.
>
> I'd encourage people who were considering a nomination, to join us in
> our meetings.
>
> Congrats to everyone for the solid release.

Right, and there's no need to be discouraged by lack of nominees.  We
have many, many translators who have made this the best-translated
release yet of Fedora.  Sometimes the steering committees aren't
needed as much to organize, direct, and decide as they are to simply
track work, identify barriers, and help get them removed.  Often in a
consensus atmosphere the F?SCo will simply be a collection of people
with an interest in these topics who are somewhat self-selecting.
That self-motivation is a healthy sign of community and as long as
translators are content with how things are going, we need not impose
artificial election processes on any particular group.