Re: sponsors for cvsl10n

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:31:55AM -0200, Igor Pires Soares wrote:

> I have been a sponsor for a short time, but I already see a lack of
> information at FAS. Sometimes I can't tell for sure from which country
> the person is. I am giving priority for those ones who are in the queue
> for a longer time or for the ones from my team or languages. I think it
> is important to know who is the person before become his sponsor, but
> FAS don't give us enough information.

I think we'd have to have separate groups by language, which may or
may not be a good idea.

What are requirements to get sponsored?  For example, does a
translator have to introduce herself/himself on the language list?  If
so, you would only want to sponsor names you recognize from their
self-introduction.

Many people are applying for groups without ever doing any of the
joining requirements.  This is a problem the Ambassadors group has
been looking at.

> Is there a language maintainer list in L10n infrastructure we can use to
> grant them sponsor status or we need to build one?

I think there are teams/leaders for each language at
https://l10n.fedoraproject.org.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41