Re: sponsors for cvsl10n

Karsten Wade さんは書きました:
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:31:55AM -0200, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
I have been a sponsor for a short time, but I already see a lack of
information at FAS. Sometimes I can't tell for sure from which country
the person is. I am giving priority for those ones who are in the queue
for a longer time or for the ones from my team or languages. I think it
is important to know who is the person before become his sponsor, but
FAS don't give us enough information.

I think we'd have to have separate groups by language, which may or
may not be a good idea.

"At least one sponsor from each team" would be simpler and easier.
To organize, can we add the entry of "sponsor" under the Details section of each team?
http://translate.fedoraproject.org/teams/ja

What are requirements to get sponsored?  For example, does a
translator have to introduce herself/himself on the language list?  If
so, you would only want to sponsor names you recognize from their
self-introduction.

It says in TQSG 2.9.2 'Introducing your self';
"Post a short self introduction http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Join/SelfIntroduction/ to the fedora-trans-list mailing list and to the list of your local team."

However current 2.6.4 'Joining the cvsl10n Group' is not clear enough.
"An administrator is notified of your application, and offers to sponsor you. This may take between an hour and a few days. The membership notification will be emailed to you once sponsored."

So shall we amend to?;
"All administrators are notified of your application. Introduce yourself by following the section 2.9.2. Then your language administrator offers to sponsor you. This may take between an hour and a few days. The membership notification will be emailed to you once sponsored.

Many people are applying for groups without ever doing any of the
joining requirements.  This is a problem the Ambassadors group has
been looking at.

Is anyway that we can send the message to those people, asking to follow the process which they might accidentally skip?

Then for those who still do not respond, we can safely deny them.

noriko

Is there a language maintainer list in L10n infrastructure we can use to
grant them sponsor status or we need to build one?

I think there are teams/leaders for each language at
https://l10n.fedoraproject.org.

- Karsten