yum string not clear

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Feb 28 11:09:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Thomas Canniot
<thomas.canniot at mrtomlinux.org> wrote:
> hello *
>
>  we are translating yum and we fail to understand these strings :
>
>  "Package Object was not a package object instance"

My guesses.

Something was expecting a "Package Object" but what it received wasn't one.

>  "Checking for virtual provide or file-provide for %s"
>
>  "Mode is %s for provider of %s: %s"

The provider of Y has a mode X, and then another message.

>  "Current download cancelled, %sinterrupt (ctrl-c) again%s within %s%s%s"

This gets printed as follows:

  Current download cancelled, interupt again within two seconds to exit.

where "interrupt (ctrl-c) again" is bold.

>  Thanks for your precious help :)

Here someone thanks for some help and then smiles. :)

Some of these could be rephrased to make more sense in English too.
Maybe a bug report on the yum bugzilla?

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos