Remove specspo statistics?

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:40:16 UTC 2008

Em Seg, 2008-03-17 às 20:09 +0530, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
escreveu:

> Just look at the statistics of the module "specspo".
> http://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/specspo Do you see any
> language completed more than even 50%? No...
>
> The reason is obvious, it's too huge to translate and another reason
> would be I think, it's not really important for the "end users" too, who
> actually use "Localized Desktops". For them package summary or
> description doesn't make much difference as they understand the use of
> packages through help files/manuals only. They don't go by RPM specs -
> summary or descriptions I think. So, most of the language coordinators
> are not translating this package.
>
> So, I would like it to be removed from the *individual language
> statistics page only*, Not from the "individual module translation
> statistics page".
>
> It will help me to track the progress of translation of my language, for
> the important/core packages only.
>
> Still, I am not so keen on getting this removed from the statistics
> page, but thought may be other language coordinators too thinking the
> same thing, so expressed my idea.
>
> Thread is open for the inputs I think...

This module is really huge, but IMHO the statistics should stay there.
The lack of translations is more visible with desc, because summary is
translatable. It will take a while but can be translated in cooperation.

The Brazilian Portuguese Team is translating the summary module using
Google Docs, so we can have 3 people working together on separated parts
of the file.

In my opinion we should try a different approach with specspo. It could
be divided into small and categorized modules, so we would be able to
define our priorities. For instance, a module only with the description
of packages from the DVD set and other module with the ones left.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares