Strange commit

leonardoav leonardoav at mandriva.com.br
Fri Nov 7 11:52:08 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 23:26:01 Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Hello!

Hi!

> Today I noticed a strange pt_BR.po commit for system-config-printer from
> an unknown Mandriva guy. The translator never had introduced himself in
> pt_BR mailing list or warned somebody about the module translation. I
> don't believe this is his fault, maybe he just doesn't know how things
> work.
I'm an unknown Mandriva guy :D (Actually, I'm a Mandriva trainee).
Sorry for not introduce myself in pt_BR mailing list and you're right
i don't know how Fedora translation rules.

> Fortunately he did a good commit, but for security I replaced his file
> with an updated version of my last commit file, since I am the current
> maintainer for Brazilian Portuguese translation of
> system-config-printer.
I'm trying to help systerm-config-printer translation because
it's in mandriva repositories (printerdrake has deprecated).

> I think we really should rethink how members are approved for cvsl10n
> group. Anybody could have committed a translation file full of errors,
> bad words or even a malicious file replacing the actual .PO.
>
> Regards,
> Igor Pires Soares

Regards,
Leonardo de Amaral Vidal