Tuning Documentation & Translation schedules

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sat Sep 27 00:17:16 UTC 2008

Thanks for being patient with me as I get up to speed with the different
tasks your teams perform and where they intersect.  I am continually
refining the wording of each task so it is hopefully clearer exactly
what is being done.  In the process I'm discovering more undocumented
tasks that need to be completed to bridge tasks already on the schedule
and also finding others that are unclear as to what they are.  For
example we say "translations due" but we don't say which translations
they are... release notes, softare, documentation?

I am also trying to a better job of representing on each team's schedule
which tasks THEY perform.  For example the Documentation schedule lists
only the tasks that docs is responsible for--not translation tasks too.
  The overall schedule shows combined tasks for all the teams if you're
looking for a combined view.

On Monday at 16:00 UTC I'll be meeting Demitris on fedora's gobby
instance to add more details and corrections to the Fedora 10
translation schedule.  Feel free to join in.  If this turns out to be
helpful I would like to do a similar exercise with the docs team if they
are so interested.

Translation schedule:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-trans-tasks.html

Docs schedule: