Tuning Documentation & Translation schedules

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 15:59:55 UTC 2008

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel said the following on 09/29/2008 02:19 AM
Pacific Time:

> Fedora Documentation team writes not only Release Notes but also guides
> like Installation Guide, Desktop User Guide, etc too. I wonder, why
> these documentation writing tasks are neither mentioned in Documentation
> schedule nor in translation schedule?

Yes, this part of my "revelation" last week :)  We need to be very
explicit with the task names both in the documentation schedule and the
translation schedule.

> Btw, I have got one more doubt. Why can't we put "Translate 0-day
> release notes for docs.fp.org" in the Launch phase as well, rather than
> in maintenance phase?

I put it in the maintenance phase because that is when it occurs--after
GA, which is when the maintenance of a release begins.  Is there an
important reason why you would like to have it in the "Launch Phases"?

John