F10 Documentation

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Sep 29 17:13:24 UTC 2008

2008/9/29 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 05:19:14PM +0530, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
>> Dimitris Glezos wrote:

>>> All 7 docs projects have been registered and enabled [1] in Transifex.
>>>
>>>   https://translate.fedoraproject.org/submit/module/
>>>

>> Can we get all 7 docs projects enabled in DL as well?
>
> I think Dimitris mentioned earlier that Damned Lies won't support
> Publican's multiple POT files.  It would be great if Red Hat I18n/L10n
> would collaborate with the community to help pave the way for
> statistics reporting for these repos.  I don't know whether that means
> fixing part of DL, or simply accelerating the rate at which
> statistical support in Tx is written.  I know Dimitris, Asgeir, and
> any of the other Tx developers would be thrilled to have some
> assistance with this.

Patches are welcome with champagnes and fireworks, as always. :D

> In the meantime, Dimitris also suggested a workaround using some sort
> of simple Python script.  I doubt that's been written yet, maybe
> someone can help there?

Here's a sample skeleton for such a script/scenario, for anyone who'd
like to actually code it.

-----------------------
== Get the source ==

First time:
$ project-list = ['about', 'release-notes']
$ for p in project-list:
 git clone git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/{p}.git

Later, to pull new changes:
$ for p in project-list:
 git fetch && ...

== Calculate statistics ==
$ wget http://.../fedora-docs-l10n-script.py
$ python fedora-docs-l10n-script.py pt_BR
pt_BR statistics:
about: 80% (115T, 40F, 10U)
release-notes: 80% (115T, 40F, 10U)

--