New language codes?

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 08:23:55 UTC 2008

----- "Piotr Drąg" <piotrdrag at gmail.com> wrote:

> Asgeir Frimannsson pisze:
> > Here are the proposed renames. I'm not an expert, and some codes
> would make more sense without a country-qualifier I guess (country
> qualifier is ISO-wise optional).
> >
> >     pl -> pl-PL
> >

> Doesn't make ANY sense, because Polish is spoken only in one country.
> believe there are more situations like this on the list...

I totally agree :) same for e.g. Norwegian like nb-NO and nn-NO.

However, until we have a proper fix in publican (or have confirmed that nothing breaks without country-qualifiers [except translation statistics]), I think it's better to live with it for now. I am not proposing this as a permanent solution.

cheers,
asgeir