Re: New language codes?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Asgeir Frimannsson <asgeirf redhat com> wrote:

> Here are the proposed renames. I'm not an expert, and some codes would make more sense without a country-qualifier I guess (country qualifier is ISO-wise optional).
>
>    sr_Latn -> sr_Latn-RS

Should be sr-Latn-RS if the aim is to stick with RFC4646 [1,2].

To support Piotr, the same specs say adding the country tag is only
necessary to make a distinction between regional locales if any exist
(dialect, script, spelling, etc.).

Regards,
Miloš

[1] http://www.w3.org/International/articles/language-tags/