F11 release notes ready for translation

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:34:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:07:53PM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> Friends:
>
> The Fedora 11 Preview Release notes are ready for translation:
>
> https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/docs-release-notes/f11-tx/
>
> Translations of this POT file are due back to Docs by 14 April to be
> included in the F11 Preview Release.  However, you may continue to
> translate content until 08 May to be included in the final F11
> release.
>
> There is a good amount of new content for this release.  We expect
> more content to arrive between now and 2009-04-30, which is the next
> scheduled time for generating a POT file.
>
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-docs-and-trans-tasks.html
>
> Thanks to the hard working Docs team and the various beat writers who
> write all the content.  If you have any questions, please don't
> hesitate to ask on this mailing list or in #fedora-docs and
> #fedora-l10n on irc.freenode.net.

Just bumping this message up so translators can see it -- I've seen a
number of commits coming in from Transifex, but not as many as usual.
To make sure everyone sees the notice:

https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/docs-release-notes/f11-tx/

Go to this site to check out the PO file for your language for the
Fedora 11 Preview Release's release notes.  We are going to try again,
as in previous releases, to minimize changes between the F11 PR and
the F11 final release.  You don't need any special access to Fedora
account system groups to help translate.  The deadline, as mentioned
above, is *14 APRIL* for the Preview Release.

Let us know on the Docs team, or check in with your L10n team leaders
or the FLSCo here, if you have any problems.  Often if you simply stop
by IRC Freenode (irc.freenode.net), channel #fedora-l10n, your
problems can be resolved within a matter of minutes.

Thanks for your work, everyone -- because of you, Fedora 11 will be
useful for millions of people around the world!