[Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Red Hat Bugzilla 3.4 RC]

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 22:39:16 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Red Hat Bugzilla 3.4 RC
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:19:30 -0500
From: James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>
To: fedora-announce-list at redhat.com, fedora-devel-announce at redhat.com,
       fedora-test-list at redhat.com, fedora-infrastructure-list at redhat.com
CC: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com

I am sending this on behalf of Dave Lawrence and the bugzilla team at
Red Hat.  Please forward this on to any appropriate lists that were
missed.

========

FINAL CHANGEOVER DATE: Friday, January 8th, 2010 6:00pm EST (23:00:00
UTC)
Mark your calendars! We are expecting the migration to take no more than
6 hours.
Please let us know at bugzilla-owner at redhat.com if this date is in
conflict with any release schedules, etc.

Greetings,

The Red Hat Bugzilla team is happy to announce the release candidate of
the next version of Red Hat Bugzilla based on the upstream
3.4 code base.

So far there has been little to no feedback on our betas so please use
this last opportunity to test drive at:

https://partner-bugzilla.redhat.com

Over the years Red Hat has made substantial customizations to Bugzilla
to fit into the Engineering tool chain. Over time the
upstream has incorporated some of these customizations or solved them in
different ways. Upgrading reduces our customization
footprint (and thus maintenance) while bringing many bug fixes &
enhancements.

The main area of focus for our public betas are stability. Functionality
that currently works in our 3.2 code base should continue
to work as expected in the new 3.4 release. These include various ajax
optimizations, needinfo actor support, frontpage.cgi, product
browser, several various UI enhancements, and of course the XMLRPC API.

Please feel free to point your various scripts and third party
applications that use the XMLRPC API at the test server to make sure
they continue to function properly.

There are numerous other changes behind the scenes that we haven't
listed. The goal is to make sure that functionality that people
have come to expect in 3.2 is possible in the new system.

There are also numerous new features/fixes that are part of the upstream
3.4 release. For more detailed information on what has
changed since the last release, check out release notes here:
https://partner-bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=release-notes.html

The database is a recent snapshot of the live database so should be
useful for testing to make sure the information is displayed
properly and changeable. Also with a full snapshot it is possible to
test for any performance related issues. Email has been
disabled so that unnecessary spam is not sent out. So feel free to make
changes to bugs to verify proper working order.

We are asking for everyone to get involved as much as possible with
testing and feedback on the beta releases to help us make this
the most robust and stable release possible.

Please file any enhancement requests or bug reports in our current
Bugzilla system go here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Bugzilla&version=3.4

To see current list of 3.4 related bugs as well as blockers for release,
go here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?product=Bugzilla&version=3.4

Thanks The Red Hat Bugzilla Team