Branching - Fedora packages!

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 10:59:28 UTC 2009

Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel píše v Čt 15. 01. 2009 v 16:35 +0530:
>
>> Launchpad has it's own set of issues that I don't want to get into.
>>
> Right.  And note that deviation from upstream, along with the potential
> for controversy, is implied in what you want to do.
> 	Mirek

Hmm,

So, looking at the conditions, it seems that we can't have branches
within VCS itself for core Fedora packages because of the obvious
reasons explained by Miloslav.

And submitting a patch via bugzilla is not really a solution that can
work for translations, I think!

I thought I would try to get all the issues sorted out that we are
facing one by one, but unfortunately first one didn't get through. :(

Anyways, Thanks Miloslav & Asgeir for your inputs!

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel