setroubleshoot audit messages

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Jul 2 16:12:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Domingo Becker<domingobecker at gmail.com> wrote:
> When using setroubleshoot, I see messages in English when we have
> Spanish translations at a 100% [1] [2].
>
> Looks like the .pot file is not up to date.
> Would you please fix it?
>
> [1] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/setroubleshoot/tip-plugins/#es
>
> [2] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/setroubleshoot/tip-framework/#es

There are a number of reasons why this might be happening. Most of them are bad.

  - The strings in question have not been marked for translation by the
    developer, hence they haven't been included in the POT file, and thus not
    in the PO file. He needs to use gettext on them.
  - The source files of these strings have not been marked for inclusion, in
    the intltool case.
  - The POT file of Transifex is not up to date. The component page includes
    the date when the POT file has been produced. If this is more than a few
    hours in the past, please notify the admins, otherwise it should be OK.
  - The PO file you translated was not msgmerged. In this case Transifex will
    show a statistic less than 100% (since it auto-merges the files).  You
    need to acquire the file from Tx or msgmerge it with the POT file
    yourself.

I've added this Q in the FAQ.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/FAQ#missing-strings

-δ