Re: FUEL Marathi Evaluation Meet

I'd be interested to see FUEL evaluating the 2,500 terms developed by
ANLoc (African Network for Localisation).  I've CC'd Martin Benjamin who
is leading the sub-project within the ANLoc network.

The ANLoc list was produced by taking a number of FOSS applications and
using poterminology, brute, force and time to create a list of words and
definitions.  This does differ slightly from FUEL which last time I
looked had a number of redundant terms.  But I think there is value at
least in seeing what each group is doing.

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 09:10 +0530, Rajesh Ranjan wrote:
> Hi,
> FUEL (https://fedorahosted.org/fuel/) workshop on standardizing
> frequently used terminology for Marathi computing is being organized
> on 31st July - 1st August 2009. This meet is being hosted by C-DAC,
> Pune. In this meet, people from different field will discuss and
> evaluate FUEL entries for Marathi language available in the
> applications that are being used frequently by normal users. The final
> evaluated list of FUEL Marathi will be available on line post workshop
> on FUEL website.
> FUEL (Frequently Used Entries for Localization) aims at solving the
> Problem of Inconsistency and standardization across the platform. It
> will try to provide a standardized and consistent look of computer for
> a language computer users. FUEL Marathi Evaluation Meet is a move to
> discuss the problem and come with the evaluated translation of the
> FUEL entries list created by choosing frequently used entries from
> important applications. For more info on FUEL Marathi effort please
> visit:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fuel/wiki/fuel-marathi
> Date: 31st July - 1st August 2009
> Venue:
> Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
> NSG IT Park, Aundh,
> Pune - 411007, Maharashtra (India)
> Anybody interested in participating the meet can contact. The full
> schedule is here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fuel/attachment/wiki/fuel-marathi/Fuel_Marathi_Evaluation_Meet_Schedule.pdf?format=raw
> --
> Regards,
> Rajesh Ranjan
> www.kramashah.blogspot.com
> --
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)
Translate.org.za                               +27 83 443 7114 (c)

Recent blog posts:
* Google Translate + libtranslate + Virtaal = machine translation in 7 new languages
* Fixes for Skype Video, Webcam on Fedora
* libtranslate, TM plugins and Virtaal

Stop Digital Apartheid! - http://www.digitalapartheid.com
Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) - http://africanlocalisation.net/