Re: Fedora 12 Translation Team Schedule

Dimitris Glezos said the following on 07/21/2009 07:23 AM Pacific Time:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 5:11 AM, John Poelstra<poelstra redhat com> wrote:
I have built the Fedora 12 Translation schedules using the same methodology
from Fedora 11.

Please tell me what needs to be corrected, added, or changed by referencing
the task number here:
--> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-trans-tasks.html

John, thanks for taking the initiative to do this! Here are some notes:

- Software String Freeze 	2009-08-04

  This decision is up to RelEng probably (or FESCo). The only
requirement from L10n is that it should be 1 month before the Software
Translation Deadline (PO Files complete)  	Tue 2009-09-15. Now its
almost 1.5 months, and I think it's too much for developers to handle.

I believe we've always had string freeze happen on the same day as Beta Freeze (starting in Fedora 12, Alpha Freeze).

What dates would you suggest instead for Fedora 12?

- 16 	Translate Release Notes (POT to PO): We better name this
"Translate Beta Release Notes" for clarity.

Done

Besides the fact that we have too many translation periods for the
various project components, which is definitely hard to track, I think
the schedule rocks.

-d