Re: New project -- docbook-locales

Ruediger Landmann wrote:
Hi all;

I've just set up a new project to fill in some missing translations in the docbook stylesheets. These stylesheets are a set of XML templates used to produce documentation, and are especially important for Fedora docs because our documentation tool (Publican) relies on them. For example, the names of elements like "Chapter", "Appendix", "Example", and "Table" in Publican documents come from docbook.

The project is located here: https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/docbook-locales/master/

Thank you so much Rudi for:
- providing contextual information in the translation files
- getting xml2po conversion done and providing translator friendly PO format
- spending time working with upstream DocBook project to convince them accept translations from fedorahosted translations

I think this is one of the few projects I have worked with, where author is taking proactive approach for getting things done and making localizers' job easier and smooth. Thanks again Rudi. :)

* Now, there is one process we might want to understand. basically, the process going to be followed from the point *translator submits translations in PO format to fedorahosted: http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=docbook-locales.git;a=tree;f=po*
*translations reach upstream in xml format: http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/gentext/locale/
*
The reason behind understanding this process is, we would like to know "how much time it could take to get your translations upstream from the time you submit it through transifex?". That's the basic question we may face from translators often.

* and another doubt I had, how are we going to work with upstream (DocBook, not Fedora - downstream) translators? Actually, this question should have come in the very beginning, somehow it just got missed. :(

Ankit Patel
http://www.indianoss.org/
http://www.ankit644.com/