Re: Frields's suggestion

Sveinn í Felli (IMAP) wrote:

If the format of translators list would be Language +
TranslatorNames + Year then there is not much left to
translate, except the names of languages; which are already
translated somewhere else an could thus be automatically
replaced.
For languages written in non-latin scripts, we do transliterate the name of the translators. However, the sticky point in this case is getting the pronunciation of the names correct for the transliteration. I often poke my co-translators (named in the colophon section) for the correct pronunciation of their names (particularly Latin American , French and Eastern European names). Probably, a number of Indian names may also require clarification for non-Indian translators.

hth

regards
Runa

--
blog: http://runab.livejournal.com

irc:
mishti or runa_b on Freenode, Gimpnet, Mozilla, LinuxChix