some issues in Fedora 11

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:48:01 UTC 2009

2009/5/7 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>:
> Domingo Becker (domingobecker at gmail.com) said:
>> There's a new software update program in Fedora 11, gpk-update-veiwer.
>> Is there any plan to add it to transifex ?
>
> That has an upstream of:
>
>  http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gnome-packagekit/
>
> Presumably it's translated through GNOME.

We should invite them to join Fedora L10N Project.
It happened before with PackageKit, and we have it in Transifex for
translations [1].

[1] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/packagekit/

>> System -> Preferences has no submenus as in Fedora 10.
>> Is it something that went wrong with F11 Preview menus ?
>
> No, it's an expected change. There's a preferences-menu package if you
> want the old behavior back.

It's not a menu that one access too often, but it was easier with the
previous organisation.
How about to have that package installed by default ?
There are many references in the docs for Fedora 11 to 'System ->
Preferences -> Any submenu -> the option'.

Thank you Bill, for your fast answer.

kind regards

Domingo Becker