Re: [Design-team] Final Fedora 12 Schedule Tasks

(2009年11月11日 15:52), Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:36:24AM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 15:26 +1000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f12%20banner/f12-release-banner.png

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f12%
20banner/f12-release-banner_notext.png
Brilliant!  Any reason for us not to use the "notext" version, that
you know of?

I like the effect of the 'unite' text? Hehe. And 'Unite' is gonna be in
plain text either above or below the banner too, so that could serve as
a sort of translation.

I dunno. Is it worth potentially confusing someone to have the text in
the image? Maybe not. It is a cool effect though.
For what it's worth, I think the design including the text is
great. :-)

If we do want to keep it, though, maybe we should see if we can get
localized text out of the translations for the "Unite" wording on the
website.  Then we could include translations in the graphic, in
different fonts, instead of just English text.

Alternately, we could just drop it so that by excluding one language
or another, we don't disappoint anyone unnecessarily.

Members in fedora-zh are very keen to have their Chinese translation of 'unite' (yet to be concluded, as they had never believed that it is possible to get it officially used) to be recognized by the headquarter.

If there is a SVG template for them to insert the translation or they could just send the word to mizmo for her final alignment to the rendered text, they might be extremely happy by experiencing the freedom of participation in Fedora!

Thanks for listening, Paul and Mairin. :)

Regards,
Caius 'kaio' Chance

--
かいお kaio | kaio.me