Re: Midnight Commander needs help with translations!

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com> wrote:
[...]
> ----- Forwarded message from Slava Zanko <slavazanko gmail com> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:06:03 +0200
> From: Slava Zanko <slavazanko gmail com>
> To: Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com>
> Subject: I need help with translations  :)
[...]
> Is Red Hat (or Fedora community) have translate teams? We need for
> translations for mc. In early December will release mc and now project
> was in stabilization stage: in 'master' branch allowed just bugfixing
> and code cleanups. Also, any changes of i18n text was frozen until mc
> release out. Therefore we published a request for translations:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2009-October/msg00031.html (at
> end of annouce). But nobody cares :(
>
> Therefore my request to you here: is you may help with translations?
> Any help from you will be very valuable to us - link to wiki, emails of
> translation teams etc.

I see that mc is using partly gnome.org infrastructure (mailing lists
etc.) but uses its own git server, instead of git.gnome.org.
If mc were to use gnome.org infrastructure fully and use the
git.gnome.org repository, getting translations would be a non-issue,
as translations would then be taken care of the gnome translation
project (http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject). Hint, hint.

Christian