Re: Update on desktop-effects

W dniu 01.09.2009 22:27, Owen Taylor pisze:
My experience in GNOME is that translators don't like 'make update-po'
(msgmerge) being run by the maintainer. They'd rather do the merge
themselves when they are editing the translation.

[..]

"Ideally, all POs should be msgmerged each time the POT is updated (ie.
by the developer)."

So I went ahead and ran 'make update-po' and checked the result in. Was
that the right thing to do?

That's because GNOME projects use intltool and desktop-effects is not.
We don't require Fedora Hosted projects to use intltool, but it's
possible and welcome. I've found some instructions how to do it here:

[1] http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines/Localize%20using%20gettext%20and%20intltool

--
Piotr Drąg
http://raven.pmail.pl