Re: German translation of system-config-firewall

Thomas Woerner さんは書きました:
Hello,

as the maintainer of system-config-firewall, I have ongoing problems with german translations in this tool.

In german there is no matching word for "trusted". The translation "vertraut" means "familiar" or "close", but not "trusted"! In the german language we are using "Trusted Computing" as a fixed term, because you can not have a short term explaining it correctly. Therefore I am also using "trusted" for services and interfaces.

Every few weeks some translators are replacing the word "trusted" with "vertraut". Can you please stop doing this? I would appreciate if you are changing all occurrences of "vertraut" back to "trusted".
There are 16 translators involved for German translation of system-config-firewall. Some might be retired, the others may be active. There is German team and the coordinator, as well ML of fedora-trans-de. It would be German team's responsibility to keep the consistency of certain word(s) for accurate translation. It should be best to contact your team members.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

PS: Maybe also other languages are affected by this problem, but I can not check that.
There is no matching word in Japanese translation too. Thus 'reliable' (信頼できる) is usually used. I am believing that there is implicit understanding to use 'reliable' for 'trusted' among Japanese team. Thus it is not the problem for Japanese team.