Re: string freeze break?!

2009/9/23 Xavi Conde <xavi conde gmail com>:

> Regarding the updated packages, it must be taken into account that a)
> translations must reside in separate branches and b) update packages
> are issued commonly for fixing bugs or security issues, not for
> improving translations.

a. Normally they don't reside in separated branches. I only saw this
for OpenOffice.
b. This is true. They rebuild packages when they need to fix a bug.
But many times I requested a rebuild only to see the package fully
translated and they agreed to do it.

For the packages that depend on the kernel, you will see a rebuild at
least once a month. It is rebuilt often. No need to ask for these
packages, they will have to rebuild it anyway.
For .noarch packages it's different. An email may work.

regards

Domingo Becker