[fedora-virt] does "qemu-launcher" really need "qemu" as a dependency?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 10:39:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 06:16:13AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   for the sake of anal-retentive and pedantic testing, i decided to
> remove a random qemu system emulation package (in this case,
> qemu-system-arm) with:
>
>   # yum remove qemu-system-arm
>
> and the result was to remove qemu-launcher as well.  was that really
> necessary?  does qemu-launcher really need the entire "qemu" meta
> package as a dependency?

Not sure really. NB, 'qemu-launcher' is not part of the qemu source
package, so we've not touched it at all in recent qemu RPM refactoring.
It is a completely separate project, so best to file a BZ against the
qemu-launcher component, unless the maintainer happens to be lurking
on this list....

Daniel