[fedora-virt] clarifying the fedoraproject wiki "qemu/kvm" features page

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Fri Apr 10 00:34:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 09:32 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Glauber Costa wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:23:53AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   i'd like to clarify a couple things here, if i might:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_and_QEMU_merge
> > >
> > >   first, given that that page refers to being 100% done WRT f11,
> > > should it represent *exactly* what i see on my current f11 beta
> > > system?  as in, no outstanding issues?
> > modulo bugs.
> > >
> > >   next, under "Detailed Description", point 5:
> > >
> > >   "The kvm package is obsoleted by qemu-kvm."
> > yes, thanks. It should be qemu, and its subpackages. We ended up putting kvm
> > inside of qemu-system-x86, which better reflects our future expectancies.
> >
> > > can i assume that "qemu-kvm" is a typo as there appears to be no such
> > > package?  what *should* that say?  perhaps "qemu-kvm-tools?"
> > qemu-system-x86
>
>   ok, just saw the updated web page, thanks.

I just made the release notes more specific in that regard as well.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Virtualization_Beat#KVM_and_QEMU_merge

If anyone has suggestions for puffing that up some more with info
regarding installation of emulated architectures or anything else,
please share soon.

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3