[fedora-virt] [ANNOUNCE] libguestfs 1.0.10

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 21:38:20 UTC 2009

I'm currently uploading libguestfs 1.0.10 to the site.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/files/

There have been a lot of changes (and indeed versions) out over the
past couple of days, but I'll try to summarise the major new features
added in the past week:

 - C++ fixes and Java bindings (so now we support the following
    with equal status: C, C++, Perl, Python, OCaml, Ruby, Java
    and shell scripting)

 - KVM support

 - QEMU binary is completely configurable at compile & runtime

 - ext4 support

 - support for uploading and downloading arbitrary-sized files

 - support for uploading and downloading tar and tar.gz content

 - support for querying size of block devices, setting r/o

 - support for reading ext2/3 superblocks

 - stat, lstat, statvfs commands

 - commands to mount filesystems read-only

 - run arbitrary commands from the guest

 - file(1) command

 - readline in guestfish with history and tab completion

 - guestfish 'edit' command

 - big documentation improvements, including more on the internals

 - pkgconfig file

 - and dozens of bug fixes

Enjoy ...

Rich.