Re: [fedora-virt] libguestfs under Debian / Ubuntu

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Daniel P. Berrange<berrange redhat com> wrote:

> that repo. libguestfs uses a febootstrap to install a custom Fedora 11
> appliance which it boots within QEMU in order to access the filesystems.

If the sole purpose of febootstrap is to install a custom F11
appliance to boot in qemu, why don't we prepare this image beforehand,
put it somewhere on the web, so that libguestfs can just use it
without needing to build this appliance again in each machine with
febootstrap or debootstrap?

I read the documentation of libguestfs, but still didn't understand
very well why we need to boot an OS within qemu for accessing guest
file systems. Can't we just use loop devices, kpartx and lvm tools?

Am i missing something here?

Thanks a lot,

--
Emre