[fedora-virt] libguestfs 'supermin appliance'

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 21:38:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 08:40:31PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I just checked in a very experimental[1] set of patches to libguestfs
> git repo which allow you to build a so-called 'supermin (super-
> minimized) appliance'.  The fact that it passes many of the API tests
> is nothing short of remarkable.

All tests pass!

I forgot to mention in the original announcement that you will need
febootstrap 2.2.  The configure script should complain if you try to
use an older version.

The new appliance is a mere 500K, so libguestfs RPMs will be a lot
smaller.  Of course that just means they will have many more
dependencies, so the amount pulled down will be the same or greater.

I will push a version of this into Rawhide so people can test it out.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)