[fedora-virt] Fedora virtualization -- comments and questions

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 16:21:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:05:58AM -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> 1. Put all files (disk images, configuration, etc.) under a single directory
> (easier to manage).

Config files live in /etc, and it makes no sense to put disk images
there, so this isn't really viable.

> 2. Provide a virtualization configuration parameter for setting the top
> directory to be used to store virtualization files (make it easier to get
> things out of root).

virt-manager allows you configure storage pools in arbitarry locations,
not just on local machine, but also use NFS, LVM, parted, iSCSI, etc.
The /var/lib/libvirt directory is just a default starting point which
you can freely override if desired.

> 3. Do not require DVD/CD ISO images to be in the image directory and do not
> screw with SELinux settings on ISO files.

We don't require ISO files to be in a specific directory anymore and will
automatically relabel them to ensure they are accessible by VMs.

Dnaiel