[fedora-virt] Virt Test Day - PCI device assignment test cases

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed May 6 11:33:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 08:39 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I've posted some test cases for testing KVM PCI device assignment:
>
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-05-07_Virtualization_KVM_PCI_Device_Assignment
>
> 	The test cases are:

Well written test cases.  Thank you!

>   1. libvirt nodedev operations

The first step lists "verify the correct nodedev name" ... what should
the correct name be?  Is this supposed to match the lspci XXXX:YYYY
string for the device?

>   2. assigning a device using libvirt
>   3. assigning a device using virt-manager
>   4. virt-install --host-device

I've gone ahead and made some minor wiki formatting tweaks to several
cases.

> 	Note the "known bugs" section. It seems this feature has acquired some
> blocker bugs.

Great to have the 'known bugs' section for users/testers before they
dive in.

Thanks,
James