[fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: Rawhide virt repo for F11 users

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 20 13:03:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 01:56:08PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 01:45:22PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Are we carrying build dependencies in this repo too?
> >
> > For libguestfs, it's likely we'd want a few non-virt packages in there
> > too.  Probably these build deps:
> >
> >   febootstrap
> >   fakeroot
> >   fakechroot
> >   zerofree
>
> Aren't these all already in F11 ?

They are - it's just that I won't rev them intensively for F-11 (just
for Rawhide).  Unless we have them in virt-preview for F-11 in which
case I can also rev them intensively there too :-)

Maybe I'm a bit confused about what virt-preview is really for.

I would normally say to people, just pull the updated packages and
dependencies from Rawhide.  But there's a danger doing that, eg. if
some fundamental soname in Rawhide gets bumped (like libcrypto), then
they end up pulling in a huge number of Rawhide packages into their
F-11.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/