[fedora-virt] a few comment about the current virt pacakges

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Fri May 22 12:04:28 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 01:23:06PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>>> The build process wants QEMU so its a BR. There is no dependancy hell
>>> here unless you're using the wrong tools. mock trivially pull in the
>>> chain of deps as needed during build, so there's nothing to 'clean up'.
>> i can't build (since i don't have ppc) but i need it for qemu-system-ppc
>> which is needed by qemu which is needed by libvirt:-(
>> are you sure all of these req and br are required?
>
> You're not making any sense here. You don't need a ppc host, to build
> qemu-system-ppc. All host architectures can build all QEMU targets,
> you're not restricted to matching host & qemu target, with the exception
> of KVM.

i wrote above i can't build openbios-ppc which required by qemu etc...so
i can't build libvirt:-(

>>> That will only be created if it doesn't exist, so it will not impact
>>> things unless you have created another network with a clashing IP
>>> address range, which is trivially avoidable.
>> but if it's not exist then it's created and all guest will suddenly have
>> a new interface which may interfere with the existing network which is
>> very hard to find the reason!:-(
>
> This only creates a bridge on the host. No guest is connected to this
> bridge unless you configure it that way. So merely having the config
> does not affect existing guests

ok. i don't know since yesterday i wasn't more time for this, but until
now there was no such interface in guest as virbr0 and after testing the
new packages i have. may be there are other reason for this but that
also comes from one of these new packages.