[fedora-virt] Routing to guests

Alexander Boström abo at root.snowtree.se
Mon Nov 23 22:52:01 UTC 2009

tis 2009-11-24 klockan 01:54 +1100 skrev Philip Rhoades:

> I can ssh from/to the host/guest OK but how do I set up a route (or
> whatever is necessary) so that another machine:
>
> 	eth0:	192.168.0.12
>
> can ssh to the guest?

I think the solution you're really looking for is to create a bridge
that's attached to eth0 directly. The host would then perform no routing
at all and your guest would get an IP address directly from your ADSL
router.

There's no convenient way to do it with libvirt and NetworkManager yet,
though.

/abo (That's my nick, I've had it for a long time! I didn't realise it
was a bad word until i visited Sydney. *pout*)