[fedora-virt] how to active XEN on Fedora 12

Ján ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Tue Jan 5 07:29:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 10:52:01PM +0100, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 30/12/2009 alle 12.21 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones ha
> scritto:
> >
> > Is KVM enabled?
> >
> >   $ /sbin/lsmod | grep kvm
> >   kvm_intel              48184  6
> >   kvm                   163952  1 kvm_intel
> >
> > You should see a kvm_* module.  Does your laptop support hardware
> > virtualization?  Recent hardware has much better support than the
> > first generation of hardware.  Is it enabled in the laptop BIOS?
>
> Thanks Richard, this is the problem: My laptop not have KVM support!
> It's my new laptop (HP Pavillon dv5) and I have discover now witch it
> non have KVM support in the bios.
>
> Now I'm looking for a buyer to sell and change it for use KVM.

It's not neccessary to have switch in bios. Some laptops (like my one) has
nothing about virtualization in BIOS, but KVM works well with full speed.
You should check for virtualization flags for your CPU. More info here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Quick_Start#
Additional_requirements_for_fully_virtualized_guests

                        SAL

PS: Why I can't simply reply (or group reply) to this mail?
    Mailinglist is not included in To or Cc when replying.