CMS Decision

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Dec 8 03:37:47 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 18:47 -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > > Who holds the decision to Just Start Already?
> >
> > We *are* just started already. :) We're (a) working towards an agreement
> > on what's important (b) finding software packages that will give us what's
> > important.
> >
> > At least, that's what I've been assuming.
>
> Sounds to me like we want everything *and* the kitchen sink. Why not put
> something like Zope in place and see how we go from there?

Coincidentally, I had the opportunity to play with setting up Zope +
Plone on a Core 4 system today, and was considering suggesting it.

It seems to me like we could work everything in around that, one way or
another.  It's written in Python and available in Extras.  It's very
extensible, has a reasonable security track record, and can already do
many of the things we're looking for.  It's worth looking into, at least.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

www.n-man.com