CMS Decision - answers on Drupal

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:05:56 UTC 2005

I've read (most) of the discussion on Drupal and would like to try to
answer questions on it that anyone has.  I can also setup or help
setup a site and I'd be happy direct folks seeking answers on the
system.

They recently had security issues as Ignacio pointsed out and I know
that's a drawback in some people's minds.  It is also based on PHP
instead of Python, and I know that is also a drawback.

On the flip side of those issues, there is no history of security
issues for a custom project because there is no history.  PHP, while
not Python, has benefits in the web space like "nearly everyone uses
it" which means it can be easier to find help.

It also has a track record of high profile use (The Onion,
Deanspace/Civicspace) where security audits must play some role.

Like I said, if you have unanswered questions or want help setting up
a simple installation to test out features, let me know.

Greg