Wiki ACL's

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 19 19:13:34 UTC 2005

Patrick Barnes wrote:

>The method we have now is quite open,
>someone only needs to make contact before they are allowed to make
>changes.

Thats strange.
I remember having a 3 hour argument just to get the fedora-livecd-list
added to teh list of mailing lists.
I didn't even *want* EditGroup access, I was told I had that access,
then I was told I didn't.

Very unprofessional.

Either way it was added, by a member of the wiki already. Which is
great, thanks.
I personally haven't recieved any info on being put in any EditGroup,
and I registered a long time ago.

I just thought I would make a comment since this message makes it sound
like it is a mundane operation to get into the EditGroup.
Hell, if you are an outsider you'll be lucky if you can even get
something put on the wiki with a *request* only..
much less be put in an EditGroup by "only needs to make contact before
they are allowed to make changes".
Ha! What a joke.