Fedora Art gallery

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 13:08:54 UTC 2005

On 12/31/05, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Without trying to seem negative, I'd like to give my initial report on the
> gallery aspect. I have searched sourceforge, freshmeat and google: I have
> come up with no photogallery projects written in python, let alone one as
> versatile as needed.

The point is, while there are very good python based web applications,
python is much less used than php in this area. I believe you will
face this problem again and again in the future if you strictly
require pyhton based solutions.

That said (I am _not_ against python at all), I saw in the CMS
decision thread a proposal for a zope/plone solution. This has the
advantage of being really flexible, and every possible
extension/application you may think has alreay one or more
implementations.

For example, googling for "zope photo gallery" the first two results are:
http://www.contentmanagementsoftware.info/zope/photo-gallery
http://www.contentmanagementsoftware.info/plone/photo-gallery

which may fit your bill...

Cheers