Fedora i18n coordination

Yoshihiro Totaka fedoradesktop at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Nov 19 03:34:08 UTC 2005

Hi
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
>>  Since Fedora embraces many poorly documented breeding edge
>> technologies such as SELinux and Xen, many other distributions' Linux
>> users are relying on Fedora's documentation. We need to  focus our
>> translator's resources on these quality documents.
>

> Xen, I might agree with you. SELinux is neither bleeding edge nor poorly
> documented now.

Yes, FC3 SELinux is now well documented. FC4's SELinux is not really
different from FC3. However with FC5, MCS and MLS stuffs might be
implemented. It seems FC5 SELinux will have reference-policy instead of
targeted-policy.
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-November/msg00111.html)
Existing documents won't be able to cope with FC5 or FC6 SELinux. People
will be looking Fedora for documentation again.

Fedora is on breeding edge and fedora's documentation really helps
people adopt new technologies. Technology might be mature when Fedora
implement the technology, but it often lacks documentation. As long as
Fedora is the distribution which introduce new technologies to mass,
fedora documentation's importance will never go away.

-Yoshihiro