new features coming in moin 1.5

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 19 19:37:41 UTC 2005

hi folks,
 the moin developers are working on a 1.5.0 final. The betas have been
out for a little while now and they appear to be stabilizing. It's not
ready yet and probably won't be until well after the holidays but I
wanted people to start looking at things for it:

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinTodo/Release_1.5

The most interesting features, to me, is the new editor  and a couple of
new parsers - specifically an irssi log parser. Could be useful for
posting meeting texts, etc.

I'm going to do some spelunking into how we might be able to tie into
the fedora accounts system, even if we just maintain an
account->wikiname map and authN to the FAS that would be a help. If
anyone else wants to hunt around a bit, please do.

-sv